One of the things that made this whole process that much easier was having the Flavor without FODMAPs Cookbook by Patsy Catsos. Patsy is my nutritionist as well so I took in every word of this book to make life easier for me. One of the best bits was all of the substitution guidelines contained within. The Garlic-Infused Oil was a particular godsend. While garlic is not my absolute favorite flavor I did use it a lot in my cooking. This was a great way to get the flavor without risking any symptoms.
Yield: 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled, washed, and crushed but intact
- Pour olive oil into a small saucepan. Add the crushed cloves of garlic. Heat oil at a medium-high heat until small bubbles rise from the garlic.
- Remove saucepan from the heat. The garlic continues to cook. Let the oil cool for a few minutes before pouring both oil and garlic into a clean glass jar with a cover.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.